Labour Behind the Label campaign for garment workers rights worldwide. As part of the movement for global justice, we support garment workers’ demands through strategic actions aimed at those involved in the production, marketing and consumption of clothing. We are part of the Clean Clothes Campaign, a Europe-wide coalition working towards the same goal of improved rights and working conditions in the garment industry.
These are our working values, our ‘code of conduct’ if you like:
- We work in a way that is consistent with how we want the world to be, not how it is.
- We believe transformational change is needed: we won’t pursue short-term goals where this comes at the expense of achieving our long term vision.
- We are independent from the clothing industry: we are campaigners, not consultants.
- We always take our cue from garment workers or their representatives, above all else.
- We try to support and draw together other organisations working in support of garment workers’ rights; we do not try to compete with them.
- We emphasise that gender is central to the problems faced by garment workers and the solutions required.